The roots of Chester Hoist date back to the 1920’s, when Mr. Hal Wright Sr. founded Wright Hoist in Lisbon, Ohio. Today, the company continues to operate from its original location, manufacturing custom made and specialty hoisting products for customers within the heavy listing industries. Chester Hoist has a long-standing commitment to quality and has built its company on both customer and employee loyalty—experiencing a wealth of returning customers and almost no employee turnover. Chester Hoist works to constantly improve its hoisting products and expand its product line.
Chester Hoist ® Product Overview
- Hook Type Hoists- Chester Hoist ® offers 2 style of hook type hoists AM Army Type Hoists and Zephyr Hook Type Hoists. AM Army Type Hoists are lightweight, portable and durable. They are the ideal cost efficient solution for standard industrial duty applications. Models range from ¼ to 5 tons with standard lifts of 30 feet. Zephyr Hook Type Hoists are durable lifting devices that come in models ranging from ¼ through 25 tons lifting capacities. They exceed industry standards and are efficient in their performance.
- Swivel Truck Low Headroom Hoists- These hoists are available in ¼ to 6 tons load capacities. As the name implies, they are ideal for situations where headroom is minimal. Swivel Truck Low Headroom hoists come in spark and corrosion resistant models.
- Zephyr Low Headroom Trolley Hoists- The Zephyr Low Headroom Trolley Hoist is employed frequently in spaces where minimum headroom prevents the use of any other hoist. Optional features include spark and corrosion resistance, load limiters, and chain containers. The low headroom feature means that this hoist is designed for only specific tasks.
- Twin Hook Hoists- Twin hook hoists are designed to simultaneously operate two separate load chains, from a single hand chain. The twin hooks make it ideal for lifting heavy, bulky loads. This makes the lifting of nonsymmetrical loads easier and safer. The Zephyr Twin Hook Hoist typically comes with the hooks 36 inches apart, but more or less spacing can be accomplished.
- Extended Handwheel Hoists- This hoist is designed with the hand chain operated at a distance from the lifting chain. Therefore, the operator can move large loads without coming into contact with the bulky load. Rated loads are typically ½ to 2 tons, but other load capacities are available. The hand chain is usually 36 inches away from the load chain, but more or less spacing is available.
- Electric Chain Hoists- The Chester Electric Chain Hoist ® is designed for situations where headroom is limited. They provide a smooth and quiet lifting solution. Electric chain models range from 1 to 25 tons capacities. This reliable hoist is suited for a variety of applications.
- Wire Rope Hoists- These wire rope hoists are quiet, durable, and noise free. Chester Hoist® offers a wide selection of wire rope hoists with single, twin, or multiple hooks available. Low headroom models are also available for those operating in environments with low ceilings. This selection, coupled with rated capacities of 1 to 15 tons makes these hoists ideal for nearly every application.
- Air Powered Hoists- Pneumatic or air powered hoists are easy to operate and cost efficient. Nearly all of the electric hoists offered by Chester Hoist ® can be altered to be pneumatic. These hoists are beneficial as they can handle heavy duty lifting easily and are more affordable to operate than electric hoists.
Chester Hoist and Bishop Lifting Products, Inc.
Like Chester Hoist, Bishop Lifting Products is dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality products in the heavy lifting industry. Bishop Lifting is proud to be a distributor of Chester Hoist’s line of hoisting products and is here to help you decide which equipment is right for your company’s applications.