Offshore Crane & Rigging Inspector
Bishop Lifting Products, Inc. (BLP) is actively pursing applicants. All applicants are required to complete an employment eligibility verification document. Additionally, applicants are required to submit to background screening, drug & alcohol testing, and job-related physicals.
Offshore Crane & Rigging Inspector - New Orleans
Bishop Lifting Products, Inc.
Upon hire, the position will begin work as a land based technician for a minimum of 6 months before moving to offshore technician work. One position will be based out of New Orleans branch and another position is available out of our Lafayette branch.
- Inspect overhead industrial cranes and rigging to ensure safety and compliance with Mfg, OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment (strong knowledge of motors)
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities
- Provides customer service by acting as liaison between customer and office repairs equipment as required
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding repairs
- Services existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; troubleshooting; resolving problems
- Builds and maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting methods and techniques for improvement
- Keeps overhead crane systems operating by; performing inspections; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; responding to repair calls.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining a good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner
- Position is full time 40+ hours weekly.
- Full medical dental benefits as well as 401k offered
- Once working offshore there is a daily work bonus of $100 per night while on rig
- Background working with overhead cranes strongly preferred
- SafeGulf certification preferred
- Magnetic Particle Inspection certification preferred
- TWIC preferred
- Clean driving record (no DWI's)
- Candidates must pass a background check( felonies are considered on a case by case basis however no violent or theft crimes ever.)
- Once working offshore, work hours vary and will range 12-15 hour days
- Offshore position must be comfortable with helicopters
- Must be willing to work offshore for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable working with heights
- US citizenship required
- Trainable position for a candidate with a mechanical/electrical background or aptitude
E-mail resumes to email@example.com. This position will be based in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Walk-ins welcome at our branch office located at:
615 Westwego Avenue
Bridge City, Louisiana 70094
Other oPEN POSITIONS
BLP currently has the following open positions for experienced: